Hi! My name is Mr. Bergstein. Please travel with me to Costa Rica to study Sea Turtles!

Friday, January 15, 2010

San Jose


Well, the experience has begun. I’m currently in San Jose, Costa Rica awaiting a morning puddle jumper to Tamarindo, which is on the Pacific coast. I can’t wait for my first face-to-face encounter with one of these giant leatherbacks. It’s one thing to read about a 1,200 pound turtle, but to experience it up close has to be unreal. Another event I’m really looking forward to is the scurrying baby turtles as they fight for their life, trying to get to the ocean. I think it will be very interesting to see the work they’ve done in the hatchery and how that has helped this endangered species to survive. While I’ll be posting my reflections and experiences on this site, if you go to my school website: http://web.mac.com/dougbergstein/iWeb/Grades5_6/5th%2%26%206th%20Home.html you’ll be able to see photos and videos, which will give you a much richer look into what I’m doing.

1 Comments:

At January 18, 2010 at 12:11 PM , Anonymous Celine said...

I want to see photos but the link doesn't work Douuuugg!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home